Increased savings and flexibility
FiTS2 gives you an extra edge if you’re operating a large marine application with a two-stroke engine. Delivering maximum fuel savings at part and low load. Plus the flexibility to go to full output without the need for installation work.
What is FiTS2?
FiTS2 stands for Flexible integrated Turbocharging System for 2-Stroke Engines. We’ve developed this innovative system with WinGD, a leading two-stroke engine manufacturer.
How it works
FiTS2 uses a smart combination of unequally specified turbochargers and wide compressor maps. Two or more turbochargers operate in sequence for optimum air delivery at each engine load.
Direct fuel savings
- Major fuel reduction in low load, up to 6-10g/kWh
Indirect and additional fuel savings
- Aux blower switch on/off point approx. at 10% lower engine load
Full flexibility and lower OPEX
- Optimized fuel efficiency over the whole load range
- Fast shiftability under load: Engine output can reach full load without touching the installation
- Reduced service expenses as smaller turbocharger not often in use
- Complies with NOx Tier II requirements
- Pay-back time well under three years